Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Thing About Taking the Next Step


Recently, I've become convinced that it's time for me to move on from my job. While I generally like what I do and do it well (I think), I've outgrown it. It was a great starting point, but that's all it was supposed to be. And that's all it should be. 

Taking the next step is terrifying. It's intimidating, and confusing, and brings you to a place of self-doubt where you feel like you can't get out of your own way. Staying put is comfortable. While it may be dull, or unsatisfying, it still feels safe. Not to mention all of the time and effort you've already put into getting where you are. It's so hard to justify giving all of that up.

But sometimes that's exactly what you need to do. You need to pull yourself up, take a deep breath, and make that leap. Sure, you might fail, but, as romantic and naive as this may sound, the risk is worth it. One of the greatest gifts we hold as human beings is the ability to constantly grow. We don't have to stay stagnant. You owe yourself this opportunity. Just be brave-you've got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment